20050322

the commitment ceremony

while everyone was working on these two projects, I was busy assembling the cake. having made the layers about a month ahead and the creamcheese buttercream earlier in the week, all I had to do was put it together. it’s a laborious process with a hundred little steps, so it was nice to have friends there to socialize with the whole time. once I got the three tiers stacked and frosted, everyone stepped up to help place the white chocolate curls that covered the outside. it was great fun to be able to include all my friends in the work, so they felt like they had a part. the fact that we drank a fifth of ketel one along the way didn’t hurt, either!
I was up at the crack of dawn the next morning, dealing with the mess of the night before and just generally being nervous. I was hesitant to open the fridge, but there it was, in all it’s glory. the cake had survived the night without falling apart…hooray!
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com