20050816

it's meme time!

here are my five questions from jay...who got it from usendroy, etc. if this interests you, see below.

1. If you could change one misperception/misconception people have about you, would you?
DEFINITELY! I am one of those shy people who gets misinterpreted as being snobby or condescending.

2. Describe your perfect evening.
After spending the afternoon getting a hot stone massage, I would come home for a long soak in the tub. Then Tony and I would head out to dinner. We would have hired a car, so neither of us had to bother with driving. After stopping at Pier W for a drink overlooking the lake, we would move on to dinner at the Ritz. Rather than dining at the Century, we would have pre-arranged an elaborate series of courses to be served in our suite upstairs. Our private waiter (an under-employed future model) would wait in the hall for us to signal our readiness for the next plate. After 8 or 9 courses, we would call it to a halt and climb back in the car to head out for dessert at the Honey Hut. (Fresh blackberry sundaes—yummm!)
Alternatively, my perfect evening has already happened. It began with dinner at the Hometown Buffet and ended with Tony accepting my proposal of marriage.

3. If you could have a dream vacation that kept you from home for one year, what plans would you have to make for your home/pets/garden?
That would be simple. At this pint we don’t have any pets (save for a couple of houseplants) and the garden is virtually non-existent. I would invite my friend Captain Saint Lucifer to come and live here rent free. She could avoid the hideous commute she endures each day. I know that she would take exqusite care of our home. I’ll bet that we would come home to find it cleaner than we left it, and way more organized!!

4. Think back to the best dining experience you ever had. What made it so special?
Oh, gosh…there have been so many over the years. Invariably, though, when I think of the top ones, it ends up being as much about the company as about the food. My first experience at Chanterelle in New York (at age 23) was also my first real night out on the town with my father where I felt like a grownup. Dinner at Lutece about a year later with 3 fellow employees from Dean and Deluca made me realize I was, in fact, a food professional. One of my dining companions from that evening, my dear friend Drew, has continued to sit down to a series of white tablecloth meals with me ever since. Whether in New York, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Boston or Chicago, he has been there over and over again. This is a big part of the bond that we share. Rather than the presence of caviar, foie gras or truffles, it’s more about the sharing of these meals with people who are important to me.

5. What one silly thing do you do when you think no one is watching?
Spend hours googling up the names of people I have known over the years…from grade school on up.

Instructions:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “Interview me.” You must leave your blog address so I can think of challenging questions for you.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different. I’ll post the questions in the comments section of this post. I’m going to limit this to three people, to both hedge my bets and to make sure this doesn’t take over my life.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com