20040607

another week gone by....whew! the biggest news is that we've been back to the jeweler's for more ring action. the man...henceforth known as tony, has to get his re-sized. but whilst we were there, we found an identical style that fit me perfectly. so...i'm wearing his ring now! it feels really heavy on my hand, but it is the nicest thing in the world to be able to take him with me everywhere i go.

i start my pre-promotion training at work this week. it's very exciting! i am torn as to where i want to work, ultimately, but i honestly feel that either store will afford me opportunities for growth and advancement.

my folks are in town again this week (for my niece's graduation festivities) so we spent the day today looking at fixtures and door handles and toilets and granite. there is some really lovely granite out there that makes me think i would like it in my kitchen one day. that is something i do dream about as far as finding a new living space with tony --designing my own kitchen. i have worked in so many of them over the years...both professional and home. it has given me alot of insight into what works and what does not. we'll see if we get that far.

tony and i went to huntington reservation yesterday and walked in the woods and along the shore of lake erie. we also got some delicious ice cream at the honey hut, a northeast ohio tradition. tonight we are entertaining some friends of his here at my place for dinner. i'm making summer vegetable strudels with fresh mozzarella, caesar salad and a fruit terrine for dessert with rainier cherries, early peaches and blackberries. it should be delish!
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com