20040919

fall has come

the weather turned cold yesterday. after several days of rain, heat and humidity, the skies cleared, the wind switched to come from the north and the temps dropped into the 50's. you can definitely feel that snap of fall in the air. it's a relief to me to know that the worst of the heat is passed, even though it was a mild summer. the trees are starting to turn and the days are shorter. i love this time of year!

i went with my sister last week out to patterson's orchards. it was a gorgeous day. we bought apples and pears (after many samples) and some incredible gourds. we also got delicious apple fritters and sat under a tree enjoying them. the next morning i got up and made pear/applesauce with lots of spices. my kitchen smelled so good! i feel my palate has made the switch to the fall produce. i also roasted off my first acorn squash of the season. now i want to make a pork roast...and maybe chicken with apples and cream. i am ready for these autumn tastes.

my growth at work has continued to be awesome. i keep stretching and learning and pushing myself into new areas. it's been especially exciting this week as we seem to be on track to break our own weekly sales record yet again. the people i work with are happy with my work and the customers still appear thrilled with what we are doing. and as for the corporate office, well they had their annual leaders' meeting last week and voted us BEST NEW STORE OF THE YEAR! i guess they're happy with us, too, eh?

tony and i have been getting to know some of the guys from our couples group a little better, and i really like them alot. they are easygoing, intelligent and funny. they live not far from here, too, so it makes it easy (for me at least). one of them does reiki work, although i suppose "work" is a misnomer. in any case, i am interested in learning more about this and possibly getting treatments from him.

tony continues to amaze me. he remembered my birthday wish from months ago and he's taking me out to brunch today at the ritz. he also got me a wonderful card with the most beautiful passage on it. more than anything else, the thoughts he expressed through that message are the best present i have ever gotten, for this or any other birthday. i'm the luckiest guy in the world today.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com