20050322

the commitment ceremony, in words and pictures

everything went off smashingly! i have tried to keep this chronological…

we had dinner on friday night with my out of town guests and my parents. we went to aladdin’s on cedar hill, which turned out to be a good choice for a couple of reasons. one of my friends is vegetarian, so he had a wide range of options. plus, it turns out that none of these folks has a good middle eastern restaurant near to them, and they love this kind of food! after dinner we left off my folks and went back to my apartment.

some people set to work on the flowers. i had pre-ordered 1000 daffodils for the day before the event, so they would have time to open up and be in full bloom. i had called the buyer in boston; i had emailed the buyer in boston; i had emailed the buyer again; i had seventeen conversations with the lady who writes the order at store level. i did everything i possibly could…and STILL, the order didn’t come. instead of the thousand stems, the store only got in 300. luckily, my friend was there to prevent me from having a panic attack. he made a decision on the fly and we went with a deep orange tulip tipped in yellow. as he said, “it’ll just add a bit more heat to the arrangements.” in the end, i think i actually liked the combination better than if it had been all daffodils.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com